Follow-like-plus-subscribe to WIFO as you wish.
Free software and federated but not with each other:
- https://diasp.org/u/wifo (diaspora network; does federate with friendica and red matrix)
- https://microca.st/wifo (pump.io network)
- https://quitter.is/wifo (gnu social network)
Don’t have an account on one of these yet? Get yours at:
- http://the-federation.info/ (includes diaspora, friendica, and red matrix hosts)
- http://podupti.me/?advancedview=true (diaspora; excellent info provided on single page)
- http://pump.io/tryit.html (pump.io; redirects to random server run by developer)
- https://gnu.io/social/try/ (gnu social; only a few choices so hard to go wrong)
- http://dir.friendica.com/siteinfo (friendica; all info provided on single page)
- https://redmatrix.me/pubsites (red matrix; limited info without lots of clicking)
These are roughly ordered by utility/pain of choosing a host. Of course you can self-host any of them if you have the skills and want additional pain.