Crowdsourcing Decemberween Greetings

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1ce737c958>

Having just come through the most recent Christmas season, I was once again reminded of the common practise of sending greeting cards to acquaintances. This year, I would like to produce such cards featuring Pepper & Carrot, Wuffle, and other characters and art from the commons for the December holidays. I will handle getting such cards printed and shipped and all of that, probably starting this fall. Before then, I would like to crowdsource some greetings/sayings/poems as options to use on the cards. Reply to this thread with submissions and also if you see greetings in this thread that you would like to see on a greeting card hit the like button in that way we can vote for the best stuff.

The format:

• Any December holiday is welcome (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, Decemberween, etc)
  • Submissions in any language are welcome!
  • Text for the front (often just “Merry Christmas” or similar) as well as one inside panel of a greeting card
  • For absence of doubt, all submissions are placed in the Public Domain using Creative Commons Zero

If you are a visual artist and would like to participate in the visual design of the cards, or drawing backgrounds, etc, feel free to contact me.

Don’t forget to check back later and like your favourites! Submissions will be open all year, until the cards are printed.

Merry Christmas!

May your cocoa be warm
And your tree-lights be bright,
As you snuggle with family
On a cold Christmas night.

Happy solstice through whatever culture-specific indirections you prefer!

New Year checklist:

[ ] Avoid killing people with different preferences
[ ] Have fun!

Challenge items:

[ ] Avoid supporting the killing of people with different preferences
[ ] Enjoy every moment!

Happy Holidays!

We’ve entered that busy time of year,
So much to do, so little time!
As the moments seem to disappear,
Take a moment to rest and recline.

Making it just that much harder for you to ignore.
Merry Christmas!